Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Don't get sidetracked by chasing huge accounts to the exclusion of small accounts and a big team!

Personal Thoughts from A Long-time Networker:

Mike and I loved the idea of credit card processing the first moment John Daniels introduced it to us.  But we knew it would be a struggle in an nwm format because of the training required and the variability in merchant accounts(There is no one cookie-cutter merchant account!)

We did not at that time realize there would be a SECOND hurdle:  the lure of landing a big account and getting 20% residual commission on it for ever!  

Everything else we've ever done or seen or have ever heard about in networking involves multitudes of small sales with small commissions and those rarely last forever -- make that NEVER forever!  Only in DW is it possible for a brand new Agent to have a multi-million account drop into his or her lap right out of the front door...we know this because it's already happened three+ times!


In every other nwm biz you know going in as a distributor that your #1 goal and only hope  is to build a HUGE TEAM of  reps with each one getting a few small customers (lipstick, vitamins, wrinkle cream, etc..) in order to make a good income.

Team Building. Sponsoring others.  NWM 101.


That's why in Digital World, the training curve is constantly being refined and improved; your goal in personal merchants is a few small ones.  Help them save money and get new equipment: plug and play.  Nothing complex.  Nothing huge.  Nothing to distract you from primary goal to

build a BIG TEAM of others doing the same.

Don't get sidetracked by chasing huge accounts to the exclusion of small accounts and a big team! 

**********

From Barb's archives we've found  a great training regarding team building from a very young man who was a top leader in Excel with us.  His perspectives then can give us all insight today.  Here's Tim:



 "...But I started REALLY SLOW.  That’s my point.

            What’d I do the rest of that first year?  Well, I got serious; I managed to go out there and get seven reps going.  I got some duplication going.  Made some money.  Second year I went out there and put in twelve more reps.  So I had 19 reps after two years.  It’s a joke; I have some Gen-X’s now who do that their FIRST MONTH...  But anyhow, I went out there, a really slow start.  My own MOM wouldn’t be my own customer.  It was that bad.  But I realized that something I was doing wasn’t working; it wasn’t that the plan doesn’t work, it was that I was doing something wrong.  And I just had to figure out how to do it right.  I’m a pretty stubborn person, and I think I stayed in the business after the first couple of years because I couldn’t  [let myself] fail.  I had talked too much to so many people...  In my heart, I wanted to prove these people wrong so badly... that’s where I got all my inspiration in the beginning not to quit.  So I drove myself to figure out what works, to prove to these people [I was right], you know.

            And so, my third year...   I forget the numbers of my third year; things began to get a little blurry because they began to move so fast...  But I started to have so pretty big checks.    I made that “top recruiter” list; I had 31 personally-sponsored reps.  That’s all I remember.  But the neat thing was, duplication was starting to happen in a BIG way.  And I tracked it, and in that twelve-month period of time, for every one rep I sponsored, 17 others came into the business!   You do the math.  31 times 17.  That’s just in those twelve months; that’s not counting what happened after that, and is still happening today.  So, it’s amazing!

            So you guys, it’s amazing.  When you start, your Mom won’t help, your roommates want to fight you, HORRIBLE in the beginning...that’s MY story.  I’m just so happy I didn’t quit,  and that I was shown this opportunity.  I’ve never, never had another person show it to me again.  Never got a card, never got a phone call, never saw a meeting; if I hadn’t called on that flyer that day, I wouldn’t be standing here today.  And to think, that day, I ALMOST went surfing; I walked down the beach, and the surf was cranking.  So I think you all should consider yourselves lucky that you FOUND this opportunity, because it’s not easy to find.  You know?  It really isn’t.  And if you think this thing is saturated...you have NO idea what’s going on out there.  You have none.  I mean, that’s an excuse.  Because I can go out there and talk with a thousand people...  No one knows about us out there.  I guarantee it.  It’s wide open.  So anyhow, that’s my story.

            Write this down.  Every time you’re about NOT to do something, you just lost the best rep you could have signed.  Every time you’re about to stop making a phone call, every time you’re making excuses, listening to that negative self-talk in the back of your mind, every time you listen to that--you’re causing horrible things in your life.  Every time you hear it, go do one more phone call--whenever you hear it, go out and finish putting out your flyers; finish whatever you set out to do that day--whenever you think about not finishing it, finish it.  Because that’s when you were meant to meet that person.

            It’s about the duplication.  And what I want to teach you today, hopefully will help YOU create duplication.  Because there are two things I judge my success on in this business.  Number one, all my people duplicating things that get them paid.  Meaning, are they able to get customers, and are they able to get reps.  Write this down:  Are they duplicating?  Duplication is your measure of success in this business, and it’s about your PEOPLE, it’s not about YOU.  You know?  I sleep so much BETTER at night, knowing that these guys, they take it and they run with it, and it’s their dreams--they’re duplicating, they’re promoting.  It’s amazing what’s going on.  I mean, I do a little work, you do a little work, and we all make a bunch of money.  That’s why we get into the business!  So, can you teach a system that’s duplicatable?  If you’re doing this business right, you shouldn’t have to work more than 10 or 15 hours a week.  So if everyone’s doing a little bit, and everybody’s getting results, then we call can get where we want to go.  What a story!  I mean, good grief!  I mean, every time you see a superstar [in DW], remember, they could have been  in YOUR downline, is how I look at it...  the residuals ALONE are worth it.  So powerful.  So when you see people who are making big things happen, it had better keep you up at night.  It does me!  I ask, why are they not in MY team?  Seriously, it freaks me out! 

***********


No comments:

Post a Comment